Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Thursday, February 12, 2009

ARE WE RICH YET?

Our pastor has been preaching a series on “Are You Rich?” Of course we sit there and think, “Who me? I’m not rich.” He then goes on to provide us with more information. In fact, if we earn more than around $25,000 we are in the top 4% of wage earners in the world. Then, if we earn more than $45,000 we are in the top 1%. Who would have thought that with only $45,000 we would truly be rich by world standards? Have you ever gone hungry? Or without shelter or food? No? Don’t most of us have every single thing that we need? We have become a society of excess. My husband and I are guilty too. Between the two of us, we have 5 computers, 6 televisions, 3 vehicles. Is that not excessive? It’s convenience. If we leave one room and go into another one, we don’t want to miss out on what we were watching on TV, but, oh yeah, there’s nothing really worth watching anymore. But being rich does not entirely hinge on monetary wealth. I am rich just by the fact that I had loving parents, a wonderful spouse, 2 great kids, and now 2 absolutely gorgeous granddaughters. I have always been warm, dry, clothed and fed. Thanks be to God for allowing me all my creature comforts and all the loving people He has placed in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment