Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MY HANDYMAN HUSBAND

I mentioned last time about my husband installing a new water heater for us. Have I ever told you just how “handy” my husband is? He can fix just about anything. By trade, in his earlier years, he was an auto mechanic. Later he became a teacher and taught high school students how to fix cars. But along the way he learned to fix so many things. His dad was a farmer and then a carpenter. He taught my handyman husband how to build a house and roof it. Even though we’ve never completely built a house, my handyman has done a lot of remodeling projects and has also re-roofed one of our houses. A couple of times, I’ve said, “I don’t want that wall there. Can you take it down?” And before I knew it, he would have his sledge hammer in hand and that wall would be on its way down. One was even a load-bearing wall that he had install a beam to keep the roof from falling in. He’s poured concrete for patios, built storage buildings, added a sunroom to our house and converted our garage into a den and bathroom. He’s also built me several pieces of furniture and some additional kitchen cabinets. He built himself a large workshop in our backyard where he keeps his woodworking equipment (saws, drills, hammers, etc.), mechanics tools and meters and many feet of wire (wires for phones, electricity, televisions, and computers). He has fixed heat & air problems, refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, washers, and dryers. He’s also become quite the computer geek. I’m not sure exactly how he became so knowledgeable with computers, but somehow his brain can handle an awful lot when it comes to computers and networking. He is the network administrator at our church and keeps all the computers up and running and talking to each other. And yes, he fixes our cars too.

2 comments:

  1. He is awfully "handy" to have around isn't he? Lets not forget: my hope chest, my bathroom, installing a circuit breaker box where there was once a fuse box...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already working on the next installment for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete