Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Sunday, February 8, 2009

A GOAT FOR KATE & GABBY

I bought my granddaughters a goat for Christmas. Well, not really.
My daughter and son-in-law are trying to teach their young daughters about their responsibility to do for others. They also don’t want them bombarded with an overabundance of toys, which is kind of hard when they’re the only kids in our family. When shopping for books for Christmas gifts, I ran across a book on Amazon titled “Beatrice’s Goat” by Page McBrier. The story is about a little girl named Beatrice whose poor family receives a goat as a gift. I did some research on the internet and found Heifer International where you can actually give a goat to a family. They explain how this is a gift that keeps on giving because the family that receives the goat has fresh milk to drink for years, plus possibly extra milk to sell. They are also required to breed the goat so there will be more goats to pass along to someone else. I’m not sure the girls will understand it all yet, but hopefully, since they enjoy books so much, they will eventually understand. So, in honor on my granddaughters I have sent a goat to a needy family. If you’d like more information on Heifer International, I have added a link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment