Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Monday, February 16, 2009

Handyman Husband to the Rescue

Last Thursday night my husband headed out for a meeting at church. He noticed some water on the garage floor and saw that our 13 year old water heater was leaking. So before he left, he turned the gas off and hooked up a hose to drain the water out of the tank. Fortunately we had already run the dishwasher and a load of clothes had been done. By the time he returned home at close to 10:00 it was too late to do anything about the problem. We did fine that night without hot water, but I really missed it in the morning when there was no hot water for my “wakeup” shower. I have allergy problems and that nice steam helps clear my sinuses each morning. But I had to go to work “cold” turkey that day. I kept reminding myself of all the poor people in our state who were without electricity due to the ice storm a couple of weeks ago and had not had hot water nor even heat in their homes for almost 2 weeks. I felt ashamed at how much I missed my shower for one day. Fortunately my husband is a real “handy” man. He went to Lowe’s that morning and purchased a new water heater. By the time I arrived home from work, he had it all installed and we had hot water. I had missed my shower so much that morning that I took a nice looong soaking bath that night to make up for it. Thank you, thank you, handyman for getting our hot water back so quickly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment