Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

I hope you're having a great day. So far we've had a pretty normal Saturday. I've baked bread, done laundry, cleaned house . Randy worked at the Upward Basketball game at church this morning. I inherited some heart shaped cake pans from my mother, so I baked a chocolate heart cake for Valentines. When Randy came in from Upward, he brought me a bouquet of flowers. Tonight we will celebrate Valentine's Day with our Sunday School class. Back when we were younger and poorer, the tradition was for the men to cook dinner at church for the women. Then, whether it was because they had more money or just thought that was too much trouble, they started taking us out for dinner together. For the last 4 or 5 years we've gone to a bed & breakfast, Shaker Tavern. They always have a nice buffet set up for us and luscious desserts. The past couple of years we've done our version of The Newlywed Game. You can't say it's the same, because most of us have been married 30+ years. When the questions go back to the early dating period, it's hard to come up with some of the answers since it was so long ago. It's been interesting to learn things about people that you'd normally not talk about. I haven't heard if there are any plans for a repeat performance this year. We are so fortunate to have this great group of Christian friends.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are indeed blessed with that group! I hope you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete