Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Sunday, January 11, 2009

FRIENDSHIP


I have had a very special relationship with a co-worker for the past 13 years. Tammy has always been supportive of me and my family. We have shared the blessings of our lives with one another. She has been a wonderful friend. When my oldest daughter married, she and her daughter were my kitchen helpers at the reception, making sure that the food was all heated and the dishes stayed full. She listened to my non-stop gushing at the births of my two wonderful granddaughters and I think she really was as happy as I was. She has always picked up special things for them that she thought they would like. She was there with me when my dad was dying and helped me get through difficult times when I was trying to help my mother through the final years of her life. I don't know how I could have managed without her. Then in the summer of 2007 we went on a girl's vacation with my daughter Holly and one of Holly's friends to New York City. I'd never been on a commercial plane before so that was an experience for me. We saw the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, walked through Central Park, went to museums, Time Square. It was a vacation I'll never forget. We've traveled all over the state of Kentucky together due to our jobs. A lot of the years we've worked together our desks have actually touched. We couldn't have had a private phone conversation if we wanted to. Tammy has always had a fair commute to work and she finally had the opportunity to move her office closer to home last week. I've been having withdrawals since she moved. I'm so happy for her that she no longer has such a long drive to work, but after having her for such a confidant, I truly miss having her close by each day. I know it'll get better with time, but her move has left a hole in my life. Tammy, thanks for being such a good friend for so many years. You've seen the good, bad and ugly and continued to support me in every way. I know we'll still talk, but it just won't quite be the same as telling you little 'tidbits' as soon as they come to mind.

1 comment:

  1. New York was an experience that I will never forget. Thank you for the opportunity.

    I enjoyed getting to be part of your "family", and hope to remain that way. I really felt involved with all the accomplishments that Holly and Kristy have experienced. Seeing Kate and Gabby born and feeling such a part of that is something I will always cherish.

    Even though we are not in the same building, I hope you realize that I will always be here for you. That's why God invented cell phones, e-mail and blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete