Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Saturday, January 17, 2009

TRYING TO BE HEALTHY

I made my normal New Years Resolution this year -- to lose weight. Well, how am I doing? I haven't lost much weight, but I'm staying on track with my eating. I'm not "dieting" but trying to eat healthy. I do snack a litte each day (100 calorie mircowave popcorn) and I'll get 4-5 M & M's a couple of times a night to take care of my sweets cravings. I've cut out pretty much all Cokes, Diet as well. I eat 3 meals a day and I'm trying to get in all the food groups - dairy, veggies, fruits, etc. I've been walking 6 days a week on the treadmill. I started out walking 20 minutes a day and am now up to 30 minutes. I'm trying to increase gradually because it seems like everytime I do this, I try to add too much too fast and then my muscles protest and I'm done. This week I also added strength training 3 days a week. All of this may be why I'm not seeing much weight loss, but if I can keep on track I'm sure that will come. I know that exercising will need to be a lifelong occurance or I won't be able to keep my weight off. I found that out the hard way the last time I lost the weight and then gained it back. I quit walking and added a few extra calories a day and after several years, I was almost back to where I had started. I'm looking forward to spring so that I can do some of my walking at the park. I'm hoping that Randy will be a walking partner for me. I've already mentioned it to him, so he has been forwarned!! And maybe then, I'll go back to playing some golf with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment