Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Friday, January 16, 2009

READY FOR SUMMER


THE GARDEN - SUMMER 2008 ----- SNOW ---- JANUARY 2008

This morning when I turned on the TV they said the temperature was zero! I'm not much of a winter person anyway, but that is just way too low for me. We have some friends who left earlier in the week for 2 months in Florida. Normally, I would say, "No Thanks!" to spending that long away from home, but it sure does seem enticing right now. It has warmed up to 11 degrees so far with an expected high of 22. I wouldn't mind having one good snow each winter, but around here we have 1/2 to 1 inch dustings several times a winter. It's just enough to make the roads slick in the morning and just plain messy -- I would like to see a pretty snow again. One that makes you stay home for a couple of days, kids can get out and build snowmen and then POOF it's all gone and things get back to normal quickly. I know, it's too much to ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment