Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Sunday, January 25, 2009

PETS -Part 2


The previous post was on my pre-marriage pets. Now for the pets after marriage.

The first dog that Randy & I bought was a beagle. Droopy was a really strange dog. We left him in the house while we were at work & I put a chair by the dining room window so he could see outside while we were gone. He chewed on the window sill and the mullions and also on the back of the wooden lyre back chair. He scratched the linolieum so he could get ahold of it with his teeth and made a hole in it. I guess what saved him for so long was that I looked on him as my protector. Now in the beginning I never would have thought that, but then Randy had to be out of town overnight with his boss. Droopy was sleeping on the floor by my bed. About 2:30 in the morning he woke me up growling --- now that was very scary. Fortunately, it was just Randy coming home earlier than expected. But I honestly thought if it had been someone breaking in, Droopy would have tried his best to protect me. As Droopy got a little older, he never really settled into being an inside dog so since we had a nice big fenced in yard he was relegated to the back yard. We went to work and when we came home he had gotten out of the chain link fence. After watching him, we learned that he wasn't jumping the fence, he was climbing it. We decided we'd have to get rid of him because we were afraid he would get out on the highway and get hit. One of the girls I worked with said she would take him. While she had him, he would disappear on warm summer mornings. After asking around, they found out that he would go over to the next subdivision, wiggle under a fence, and take his morning swim in the neighborhood swimming pool! He must have made nuisance out of his self with a neighbor because one day he came home filled with buckshoot. He recovered and was sent to a farm in the country to live out his days.

No comments:

Post a Comment