Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

ICE STORM UPDATE

Well, we did have some ice last night. Mostly the ice is on elevated surfaces. The Ky Highway Department brined the roads yesterday so the roads are pretty much just wet around here with a few slick spots. They are reporting that the city has about 200 homes without power and the county has about 2,000. Most of the road problems are being caused by downed trees. I think all of the schools around the area have closed including the city schools, which surprises me since they say the roads are okay. I guess I'll go to work on a delayed schedule today. The temperatures are supposed to rise today to about 37, so it should just get better as the day goes along. Weather forecasters are saying we're going to have snow tonight so we'll be watching the news in the morning to see if we have slick roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment