Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Monday, January 26, 2009

IMPENDING ICE STORM


The above picture is of trees in Kristy & Justin's yard - December 2007 - when they had an ice storm.
They've been talking about bad weather for a while, but this morning they issued an Ice Storm Warning for tonight! We do have gas logs in our fireplace and a gas heater in our sunroom. But, me being who I am, I was worried about the electricity going off, so I suggested to Randy that this might be a good time to buy a generator. So he went to Lowes and we are now the proud owners of a generator. Now we can keep our gas furnace going and the freezer and refrigerators running. One of the other good things about having a generator is that we can keep using our laptops in the event we lose power and hopefully we'll still have internet access. You see, we're both addicted to our computers. We sit with them on our laps most evenings. We can watch TV while we surf the net, play games, or read e-mails.


I'm looking forward to staying home from work tomorrow (assuming the forcast is correct). We have a special adverse weather leave that I can take. It's nice because you make up the time in 30 minute increments. Since I already spend my half hour lunch at my desk answering the phone and e-mails, it won't really add any time to my days to make it up.

2 comments:

  1. The truth comes out--you need a generator to run your laptops. Who cares if you're freezing or the food's rotting. Must have Internet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I told you we were addicted! Didn't you believe me??

    ReplyDelete